Ever changing regulations and the growing demands of HMRC mean VAT compliance can be a difficult administrative process.
The April 2019 deadline has passed with Making Tax Digital (MTD) pulling us all in. A recent survey suggests 40% of businesses that MTD will affect aren't prepared (AccountancyAge), and it is something that will eventually affect us all.
Making Tax Digital (MTD) is a government initiative, changing the way businesses report their income, expenditure and taxes. The first phase commenced on 1st April 2019 for VAT registered businesses with a taxable turnover above the VAT threshold (currently £85,000). For all other businesses the implementation date is proposed at April 2020.
Our team have spent a lot of time ensuring ourselves, and our clients, are fully prepared for MTD so we were able to hit the ground running on the 1st of April.
We can help to ensure that you comply with the regulations and that overpayments are not made. To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- assistance with VAT registration
- advice on VAT planning and administration
- use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- help with completing VAT returns
- planning to minimise future problems with HMRC
- negotiating with HMRC in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals if necessary.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01202 052276. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.